Health Care Professional (HCP) - Professional Development Grants
Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada is dedicated to supporting Canadian health care professionals who work in the area of neuro-oncology and neuroscience to help people affected by a brain tumour.
The Health Care Professional (HCP) - Professional Development Grants provide funding to health care professionals who would like to attend a medical, scientific or professional development conference / workshop.
The HCP - Professional Development Grants allow (2) health care providers the opportunity to attend an event that will enhance their role in working with people affected by a brain tumour. The HCP - Professional Development Grants were first awarded in 2016 and the second grants have just been awarded, read why they were awarded here.
Please note, the 2017 HCP - Professional Development Grant applications are now closed. Please check back in November 2017 for information on how to apply for the 2018 Grants!
Information about the 2017 Grants and Application Process
Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada offers (2) $750.00 CAD professional development grants to:
- A health care professional seeking to attend a neuro-oncology or neuroscience conference or workshop as a speaker, poster presenter or workshop facilitator, or
- A health care professional seeking to attend a conference or workshop for the purpose of learning a new skill or upgrading for professional development in the area of neuro-oncology or neuroscience with a focus on brain tumours.
- The grant can only be used to cover conference registration fees, travel expenses (i.e.) air, train, taxi, etc. and / or accommodation costs
- The grant does not cover meals, entertainment, poster material expenses or course tuition
Funds must be spent by the end of the calendar year and any unused funds must be returned to Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada by the end of the calendar year
The funds granted are for the conference / workshop applied for in the 2017 application submitted to Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada.
- Applicant must work with people affected by a brain tumour in either the neuro-oncology or neuroscience health care field
- Any health care professional, excluding physicians or pharmacists, are eligible to apply for a professional development grant
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously received an HCP - Professional Development Grant, and who have no other sources of corporate or institutional funding
HCP - Professional Development Grant Recipients
After the conference, grant recipients are required to:
- Submit a photo and short summary of their conference experience (no more than 250 words) to be published on the Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada website and include a photo
- Contribute to the Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada website or newsletter with an article or information sheet, or present at a Brain Tumour Information Day Conference, Health Care Professional Symposium or another Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada event within two years of receiving the professional development grant
- Submit travel expenses from one event only and cannot combine receipts from different events to make up the total of $750 CAD
Application and Deadlines
There are two recipients in every calendar year.
The application process will be open as of Monday, November 21, 2016.
The deadline for applications to Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada is Friday, February 3, 2017 by 4:30 pm EST and announcement of grant recipients will occur the week of February 20, 2017. Please note, applications are now closed.
Applicants are expected to submit a completed application form, including attaching a short paragraph identifying why they wish to attend the conference / workshop and complete the online application form.
Incomplete application packages will not be considered by Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada’s HCP - Professional Development Grant Committee.