Text to Donate
Text BRAINTUMOUR to 20222 to donate $10 to Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada.
Please share this information with your friends and family and ask them to give towards this project by texting one word: BRAINTUMOUR to 20222 to donate $10.
Should you wish to designate your Text to Donate contribution to a fund, you can do so by adding a 6 letter word as follows:
- BRAINTUMOUR - funds go to the area of greatest need
- BRAINTUMOUR RESRCH - funds go to brain tumour research
- BRAINTUMOUR IMPACT - funds go to the Pediatric Brain Cancer Impact Grant and these funds will be DOUBLED!
- BRAINTUMOUR RGSTRY - funds go to support the Brain Tumour Registry Project and so these funds will be DOUBLED!
Or you can donate an alternative amount here.
Did you know?
- You will not be charged standard text messaging fees for text message donations unless the keyword you text is invalid (please ensure that your phone does not autocorrect to have a space between BRAIN and TUMOUR - it must be one word BRAINTUMOUR. Similarly, any second words to designate to a fund must be 6 letters only and must not autocorrect to the full version of the word).
- If you have texted a valid keyword, you will receive a confirmation message back asking you to confirm the donation by texting 'YES', only then will the donation go through
- Wireless providers do not keep any portion of any amount you donate. 100% of donations made via text message are passed from your wireless provider to Mobile Giving Foundation Canada who in turn pass the funds to us
- The donation of $10 will appear on your phone bill
- You can immediately obtain a tax receipt for the donations you make via text message by visiting: http://receipt.mobilegiving.ca
- You can donate up to $30 per month
- Your donation and cell phone number remains anonymous, unless you opt-in to receive more information in a next step, for example, by completing a form. Viewing this form may incur data charges. After this, you will receive no more text messages from us, unless you decide to make another donation via text
- Please make sure that you have permission from the person who pays the bills! If your phone is on a Corporate Plan, or if you have asked your wireless provider to not allow premium text messages, you may not be able to complete a donation via text to donate. Please consider giving a donation on this website or calling us on 1-800-265-5106
- Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada does not receive financial assistance from provincial or federal sources
Your gift helps lift the burden of a brain tumour
Help for Canadians affected by a brain tumour occurs because of the generosity of people like you. Programs and services as well as critical research is funded solely through contributions from individuals, corporations and foundations.
For further information about giving a donation via Text to Donate, please contact:
Suzanne Fratschko Elliott
Fundraising and Engagement Manager
1-800-265-5106 or 519-642-7755, ext. 227
Bringing hope. Hope through research. Hope through patient support. Hope for a cure.