Closed Facebook Support Group
We have heard your requests for a Closed Facebook Support Group
Our hope is that in this online group you will gain access to an active group of Canadian brain tumour patients, survivors, parents and other caregivers who will be asking questions, answering your questions and sharing stories of hope and support.
In order to participate, you will need to become a member. Admins will use their discretion to approve members of the group and have the right to remove posts and/or members at any time. Anyone can see who is a member of these groups. If you wish to remain completely anonymous, we recommend that you visit our Online Peer Support Centre
By requesting access to a Closed Facebook Support Group, you are agreeing to the following:
- The Closed Facebook Support Group is offered to facilitate support and communication between individuals affected by brain tumours. It is not intended to replace the advice or instruction of a professional healthcare practitioner, or to substitute for medical care. We urge you to seek specific medical advice on individual matters of concern. Posts deemed to be promoting a service or product or slandering individuals or organizations will be removed. Please review the Etiquette for additional guidelines.
- While closed, new members can be added at any time and therefore we advise you to consider this group as a public forum. Members are strongly advised not to share personal identifiers such as email address, telephone, street address, etc. that can be used to identify you and link you to the content you provide.
- Members are advised that information obtained from a physician should be considered more up-to-date and accurate than the information in the group and that this group does not and cannot purport to address facts and circumstances particular to any patient. This is something that can only be done by the patient's physician.
- Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada does not endorse or recommend any particular form or forms of therapy, regimen, or behaviour that may be discussed.
- Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada is funded entirely through generous donations from individuals, corporations, and employee groups as well as through memorial gifts, planned giving and special events. Therefore, we respectfully ask that you do not fundraise for any cause other than Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada. This includes no links to crowdfunding and fundraising sites such as GoFundMe accounts please.
If you agree to above, please click here to join the Closed Facebook Support Group.
Should you have any questions or queries, or wish to report a violation of the terms listed above, please contact:
Online Community Engagement Coordinator
1-800-265-5106 ext. 234