Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada is a national not-for-profit organization dedicated to reaching every Canadian affected by a brain tumour through support, education, information and research.
As one of our Support Services Specialists reporting to the Information and Support Services Manager, you will contribute to the long-term success of the foundation’s engagement with the brain tumour community by overseeing our French language support programs. Responsibilities include overseeing the GOCervo pediatric program, one to one supports and maintaining relationships with local Health Care Professionals.
You will have responsibilities that include, but are not limited to:
- Along with the Information and Support Services Manager and programs team, the development of the annual work plan and budget for support groups and education programs
- Development of strategies and ways to strengthen the support group program as outlined in the work plan including the Adult Support Groups, Virtual Support Groups and One to One Supports
- Development of strategies and ways to strengthen the Health Care Professional programs as outlined in the annual work plan
- Planning, recruitment of speakers and implementation of French language educational webinars and conferences
- Provision of bilingual telephone and online support to those affected by brain tumours
- Outreach to French language communities to grow engagement and participation in our French language support programs
- Work with community partners to determine the needs and programming for the Young Adult French language community
- Work collaboratively with current and potential community partners to further enhancing partnerships within French-speaking communities in Canada
- Ongoing support of volunteers through ongoing communications, supports and training
- Support fundraising activities in French-speaking communities, including relationship development, stewardship and event coordination
If interested, please forward your cover letter and resume in both English and French by
Friday, October 14, 2022 to
Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada
205 Horton St E, Suite 203, London, ON N6B 1K7
Thank you for your interest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone calls please.
Visit our website at www.braintumour.ca
Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada is an equal opportunity employer.