Online Peer Support Centre

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Youth-Teen Support » 'Survivor'? Conducting research on term 'survivor'

Discussion related to Youth-Teen Support
07/03/2011 2:46:00 PM

Angela86
Angela86
Are you a ‘Survivor’?
If so, I’d like to hear from you! My name is Angela Zwiers, I am a survivor of a brain tumour (pilocytic astrocytoma) and I am currently a student of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences at the University of Western Ontario.
If you are between the ages of 18 and 28 and have had a brain tumour during your childhood or adolescent years, I’d like to invite you to a study I’m conducting which examines the meaning of ‘survivor’, as constructed by those who have had a childhood or adolescent brain tumour.
As a participant in this study, you will be asked to complete a background questionnaire and keep a journal. I will also ask to engage in an interview session with you for about 1 hour, over the phone or in person.
All information from the participants will remain confidential. Travel costs within Southwestern Ontario will be compensated.
For more information about this study, please contact me: Angela Zwiers, M.Sc. Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, at 519-204-7030 or email at azwiers@uwo.ca.
Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you!

Angela Zwiers
0 permalink
03/03/2015 5:58:41 PM

Timinou
Timinou
Hi Angela,

In 2011 you wrote a message saying that you were looking for “survivors”.

I am a “survivor” of a cerebellar pilocytic astrocytoma (grade I). No radiotherapy or chemo.
I had been operated when I was 10 years old. I’m now 36.

I would be curious to know about your results of your study.

Thanks,
Marie-Chantal (from Montréal, Québec)
0 permalink

Home » Youth-Teen Support » 'Survivor'? Conducting research on term 'survivor'