Calgary Support Group (now offered in-person with virtual option)
Sometimes it can be difficult to talk about the challenges of facing a brain tumour diagnosis with family and friends because of stigma and fear of judgment. In our support group, everyone is going through similar ordeals and can relate to your challenges and experiences.
Gain peer support with an experienced facilitator in a relaxed and informal atmosphere. These support groups meet in-person regularly, with the option of attending virtually for those who are not able to attend in-person.
Meetings are once a month, every 3rd Wednesday, from 6:30 – 8:30 pm MDT.
Please note that this support group does not meet in July or August.
Brain Tumour Support Groups help survivors, family and caregivers in a number of ways:
- Providing connections with others who have faced life with a brain tumour thereby offering reassurance, reducing feelings of isolation and reinforcing a positive, hopeful attitude.
- Sharing practical information to:
- Help make informed decisions about brain tumour treatment options
- Learn about relevant community resources
- Enhance coping skills in order to reduce anxiety, feelings of loss of control and fear of the unknown, changes in family roles, and financial strain as a result of a brain tumour diagnosis.
If you are looking for more immediate support, we encourage you to register for the Virtual Support Group or join one of our Private Facebook Support Groups. Thank you.