Marketing and Communications Manager
Marketing and Communications Manager
Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada is a national not-for-profit organization dedicated to reaching every Canadian affected by a brain tumour through support, education, information and research.
The organization is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic professional to oversee a multi-faceted portfolio including of Brand Marketing, Corporate Communications, Community Engagement, Media & Public Relations and Digital Engagement.
As the Marketing and Communications Manager reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will work to improve public awareness of the organization through a variety of communications and engagement efforts and will be a key strategic driver behind innovative approaches to public engagement.
You understand the power of consistent messaging and brand positioning and embrace the initiative and action required in the fast-paced world of digital marketing. You are creative, collaborative and caring by nature.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
• Development and implementation of the organization’s marketing plan, annual workplans and promotional campaigns in support of the strategic plan for the organization
• Management of the execution of all marketing and communications strategies and goals
• Work cross-functionally across the organization to create accessible, evocative content for use in a variety of communications vehicles including print, media, video, email, web-based products and social media
• Work collaboratively with Advocacy Committee to create communications vehicles to amplify government relations efforts
• Analyze stakeholder data and information to better understand the brain tumour community and make recommendations for marketing efforts to make an impact on the estimated 55,000 Canadians living with a brain tumour.
Management/Supervision of Staff
• Coach and mentor assigned staff to achieve goals and develop strengths
• Manage the successful completion of the team’s work-plans and budget
• Recommend compensation changes and training/membership needs for assigned staff
• Complete Professional Progress and Development Process for assigned staff
• Participate and contribute to Senior Leadership Team’s goals and objectives.
• To work with all members of the team to ensure the goals of Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada are met on an annual basis. This includes participation in team meetings, team training, and strategic planning sessions. Solid understanding of the History, Vision, Mission, Values and Strategic Directions (Guiding Principles & Organizational Strategy booklet) is key to being successful in all positions.
• To be successful in this position, the person must be able to travel and participate in face-to-face meetings, as well as do effective presentations for patients, families, volunteers, and the health care community. This requirement is dependent on the restrictions from the COVID-19 pandemic being lifted.
• It is recognized that the work of this position is not always conducted during the regular business hours. Evening and weekend work is required from time to time. A great deal of flexibility and adaptability is required for the person in this position. Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada recognizes these requirements and provides support as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or a combination of education and experience
• At least seven years working in the Marketing and Communications field, preferably in a Charitable/Not-for-Profit setting
• Proven track record of the development, implementation and measurement of long-term strategic and marketing plans that advance goals and business objectives
• The ability to shift from leadership activities to tactical execution on a daily basis including: writing persuasive stories, pitching media, creating video and other digital collateral and supporting fundraising and programs with up-to-the-minute event materials
• Experience leading and managing creative digital marketing campaigns is key in this position
• Understanding and experience writing from a government relations and advocacy perspective would be ideal
• Progressive management experience including managing a diverse team of professionals and contributing at a senior leadership level
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work under tight deadlines independently and as part of a dynamic team
• The ability to work effectively in a busy environment and manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines while maintaining a strong attention to detail
• Digital marketing experience including using a CMS, HTML, Blackbaud products including Raiser’s Edge, and WordPress
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and video editing software
• Knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of products is a must
• The ability to travel as required
• French language skills desired.
If interested, please forward your cover letter and resume by January 15, 2021 to:
Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada
205 Horton St E, Suite 203, London, ON N6B 1K7
Thank you for your interest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visit our website at www.braintumour.ca
Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada is an equal opportunity employer.