NOTE: All of our in-person support groups have been postponed until the New Year 2021. In the meantime, we welcome you to join our Eastern Canada Virtual Support Group.
Date: Last Wednesday of every month.
No meetings in July or August.
Time: 6:30 – 8:30 pm
Place: Maplesoft Centre, 1500 Alta Vista Drive, Ottawa, ON
Note: Please remember to bring shoes or slippers because winter boots must be removed at the front entrance.
Pre-registration is not required for this support group.
Brain Tumour Support Groups help survivors, family and caregivers in a number of ways:
- Providing connections with others who have faced life with a brain tumour thereby offering reassurance, reducing feelings of isolation and reinforcing a positive, hopeful attitude.
- Sharing practical information to:
- Help make informed decisions about brain tumour treatment options
- Learn about relevant community resources
- Enhance coping skills in order to reduce anxiety, feelings of loss of control and fear of the unknown, changes in family roles, and financial strain as a result of a brain tumour diagnosis.
- If you are looking for more immediate support, we encourage you to register for the Virtual Support Group or join one of our Private Facebook Support Groups. Thank you.